-Single Donor to ensure that the cuticles are aligned.
-Cuticles are intact meaning that they have not been removed chemically.
-Minimal tangling because the cuticles are positioned in the same direction.
-Top-quality hair which is more expensive but will last for a long time. This will save you money in the long run.
- Can come in Raw hair and Virgin Hair.
- Wefts are constructed from multiple donors. This is problematic because the cuticles from one person's hair may not be compatible with the cuticles from another person.
- To minimize the incompatibility of the donor's cuticles, the manufacturer may choose to chemically remove the cuticles. It is then coated in silicone which will create the silky smooth texture to which most people are accustomed. This will prevent tangling initially, however, you will quickly find that you hair will tangle uncontrollably after a few weeks.
- The silicone coating will also make it more difficult for hair dye to penetrate the hair strand, thereby turning color jobs into difficult tasks.
- Poor quality hair that is affordable but will not last long. Thereby costing you more money in the long run.
- Even though non-remy hair is often chemically processed, popular companies will pass this off as "Virgin" hair. They will also use terms like "Brazilian", "Peruvian", "Malaysian", "body wave", "water wave", etc. Please do your research before investing your money in these companies. It is better to invest your money in companies that sell true Virgin Remy hair such as Allyce Virgin Hair Collection in order to protect your investment. Please see our blog that explains what true virgin and raw hair is in order to learn more.